Also see discography
Study with Juan Matteucci and John Hopkins.
- Auckland Chamber Orchestra (Musical Director)
- Prague Symphony Orchestra
- New Zealand Symphony Orchestra
- Lockwood Aria (Rotorua)
- London Symphony Orchestra
- London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Auckland Sinfonietta (Musical Director)
- Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra
- Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
- Wellington Sinfonia
- Dunedin Sinfonia
- Christchurch Symphony Orchestra
- St Matthews Chamber Orchestra
- New Zealand Secondary Schools Symphony Orchestra
- Ensemble Philharmonia
- Auckland University Orchestra
- Nelson Symphony Orchestra
Auckland Chamber Orchestra
"Scholes drew a solid, disciplined performance from his group"
NZ Herald June 24, 2008
“Now in its third year the orchestra is one of Auckland’s sparkling treasures. It plays with passion and confidence and director/conductor Peter Scholes has developed a confident and assured control.
The National Business Review
Christchurch Symphony Orchestra
"The Lilburn Aotearoa Overture was of recording standard...
This concert was among the best and most exciting the CSO has presented"
"...an exuberant driving account of Dukas' Sorcerer's Apprentice"
The Press (Christchurch)
"It (Beethoven Symphony no. 1) had energy , drive and purpose"
Otago Daily Times
"Scholes and the (Wellington) Sinfonia proved a potent combination for this style of concert, catering to the wide variety of age groups present"
"The Wellington Sinfonia played finely under Peter Scholes, who brought out all the lyricism of Rimsky-Korsakov's sensuous music"
Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra
"Peter Scholes obtained a smooth balanced ensemble from the orchestra"
Bay of Plenty Times
London Philharmonic Orchestra
"Never has this music sounded so evocative, and mythically powerful"
CD Review Magazine